Sunday, April 02, 2006

Oops!

Well, I think we've all learned some very important lessons.

I guess I'll echo what Jinxy said....

Sorry about all the mean things I said to you, and uuuuuh if it's true I take it all back.

...But mind your ps and qs!!! [waving finger] We'll be watching!!! People have short memories, so we'll see how this one goes.

This whole ordeal kind've makes me wonder if any government contractors are offering SERE training, and if they are, if media companies / NGOs would even bother using their services. A week of SERE training is worth its weight in gold, and it would be a small price to pay either way.

Here's my favorite quote though:
In the statement, Carroll also disavowed an interview she gave to the party shortly after her release. She said the party had promised her the interview would not be aired "and broke their word."

Wow, haven't learned much about the people over there have you?

6 Comments:

Blogger Jinxy said...

Quick, distract them with THIS!

Look at the pretty lights, everyone.

Look at the pretty lights.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She condemned her captors but did not comment on the war in Iraq.

We know what this means.

4:56 AM  
Blogger brando said...

She still shouldn't have said that stuff when she got to the green zone.

Darn those reporters. They lied to me when they said they wouldn't air my lies! They broke their word.

8:09 AM  
Blogger brando said...

This is ole Jill's new statement.

"Things that I was forced to say while captive are now being taken by some as an accurate reflection of my personal views. They are not."

Folks aren't sweating the propaganda video she made at gunpoint. It's the stuff she said after she was a captive. I read that article and there is nothing that sounds like an appology from her.

She's rewriting history, and externalizing blame for what she said. "They were pointing guns at me" doesn't cut it, because she was no longer a captive. Not unless she's saying that the US troops in the green zone held her captive and made her make those statements with the threat of death. Let me read it again. Maybe that's what she's saying.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Consul-At-Arms said...

Bear in mind that the stuff she said "after she was released" was said at the political offices of the same whack-jobs who'd been holding her. If she made the estimate that she wasn't yet "free" to speak "freely," I don't gainsay her.

I'm just glad she's headed home with her head still attached.

6:34 AM  
Blogger brando said...

fair enough

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home