Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Life is good...


GIVE UP!

Never!!

I don't have a lot to write about. Not because I don't have a lot to say or some really funny stories from the weekend, but mainly because some of my readership have an image of me being something other than a complete shithead. For details, get with me offline. Life is good though.

I'd like to keep my reputation as pristine as possible.

Moving along.

Item #1:
This is my favorite sign in Japan.


I have some questions:
What is the helicopter doing there?

Is this sign a warning or a command?

Why is there a 4ft tall ciggie between the kid and the dude?

Aren't midgets people too?

Item #2:
The Producers was the worst movie ever.

My boss said it was a hysterical movie and that Will Ferrel was in it, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. During the opening scene of the movie I realized that I had made a horrible, horrible mistake. Sure, there were part of the movie that made me laugh, but Will Ferrel is always funny, and so are homosexual caricatures. Those are easy laughs. Otherwise, don't even get the DVD unless you like Mel Brooks, showtunes, and throwing up in your mouth. Just don't see it. I beg of you.

Item #3:
I lost a .gif animation war. Bigtime.


I got pwnd big and bad on this one. That'll learn me to mind my ps and qs, as it were.

Item #4
I really like the show Battlestar Gallactica.

I can't get enough of it. There's just something about it that I really like. Is it pretty popular back in the states?

And on a much more serious note...

Item #5:
I'm happy to be alive.

The AN32 that I used to fly around in in Afghanistan crashed. Here's what it looks like now.


I spent a LOT of time in that airplane and flew a lot of places. The plane crashed because the pilots swerved to miss a truck that had driven onto the runway as they were landing. Both of the pilots were killed. I really only had a "hey what's up" relationship with them (they were Ukrainian and spoke little English) but I talked to them a little bit and they were very professional and highly skilled at what they did. I used to fly with them a lot and put my life in their hands in a place where trucks swerve onto runways for no reason...maybe I took their skill and professionalism for granted -- they always got me home safe. None of the other 14 passengers were killed.

Osaka trip this weekend. Should be a hoot. Will keep y'all punkass byotches updated.

10 Comments:

Blogger brando said...

At the height of a child's face implies that you are going to jam a lit cigarette into a child's eyes. It seems like the worst height to carry it, and especially in reference to a child. Couldn't they say "waist high". I want to make up an exagerated one, but "a child's face" is pretty good.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't the helicopter signify that you are always being watched? Like, "Don't tie a string to a child's neck attached to a gigantic novelty cigarette and then attached to your crotch or our friendly newsteam will see you!"

Sorry about the pilots. People shouldn't drive around on runways during business hours, but that kind of goes without saying.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Jinxy said...

I read about that airplane on one of our, ahem, "special" cables.

How did you know that it was the one you used to ride around in?

How did you hear about that article?

Just curious. It's not exactly national news here.

J.

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the show. But season three doesn't start until around october.

Have you seen the last two episodes of season two yet? It opens up a lot of possiblities for next season.

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366112/

2:32 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Jack: The thing I like about the Starbuck character is that she talks shit and acts tough, but she also routinely gets the shit kicked out of her. Like severely. Any chick that can talk shit but still take an ass whoopin is OK by me. They did a good job of casting someone who is not THAT great looking for her role, so they were really able to pull it off.

anon: I'm not sure what episode I'm on here -- I watch it on AFN. they just met with the battlestar pegasus and are facing off. Is that the final episode? I guess I'll hafta wait until next week to find out.

And a second V??? Holy shit. They're going to have to make it pretty earth shattering to live up to my expectations.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The meeting w/the Pegasus is the half way point in season 2, so about 10 more episodes before the end of season 2.

3:09 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Rebecca-- Thanks!

Jack-- mmmmmmgrace parkmmmmmm

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you edit the .gif? It looks like there is a gap where there shouldn't be.

I think the sign about the cigs is a command for adults to take a three/four foot cig in their hand and connect it to the face of a child. That way children will learn tha smoking is bad for them.

Sorry to hear about those pilots, it sounds like chaos on the runways.

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

However many days later, and the .gif is still killing me. Any sites, books, free software or other resources you'd recommend to someone looking to learn how to do .gif animation?

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home