Wednesday, December 07, 2005

...but, like, we're cool, right?

.....No, we are NOT cool, said the terrorists.

Newsflash: Just because you "support" the terrorists' cause, doesn't give you a Baghdad ghetto pass.

So four peace activists got kidnapped in Iraq, and they've got until Thursday to live. As saddening as it is, I wonder if these people live on the same planet as me. Their friends were quoted as saying the following in this article:

Please, we appeal to your humanity to show mercy on our brothers and let them come back safely to us to continue our work. May God spare our friends and all the people of Iraq any further suffering.

Call me a cynic, but I'm not sure these guys have a really good track record for humanity, so maybe you should appeal to one of their other qualities (if available).

That's a little bit like appealing to Michael Moore's sense of dietary self restraint.

Also, when you're a Christian group and you throw stuff like God in there, it doesn't help things. Negotiating with terrorists rarely wins, especially when they make up outlandish conditions. Even if all Islamic Army members in Iraq were freed, do you think they'd give a shit? These people are not looking for money or negotiation.

I wrote about this before, and have thrown around the crazy idea of "personal responsibility" a few times in some other stuff I've written.

I feel bad for these people and their families, but seriously. I don't really know what else to say on this. I'm just shocked at how careless people can be with their lives, then act all surprised when what [I'm sure] everyone told them comes true. "Oh, they won't hurt us! We're there to help them!" It's amazing that such peaceniks wouldn't know better than to impose their own values on another group of people, and I use the term "people" loosely.

I hope it was worth it. Now you and your friends get to find out first hand why the planet it better off without terrorists.

In other news, Elian Gonzales is 12 years old!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the Marines can do a raid and save their asses and top it off with a big condescending "You're Welcome". Did I tell you that our squad missed that Italian journalist by about 3 days? We were out running all over tarnation looking for her goofy ass, then the Italians claim there is an American conspiracy to kill them. Clown ops is right. I think the italians paid the ransom. Stinking ransom payers.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Wow, Hoss. Have you been listening in on me and Brando's conversations?

A lot of people seem to think that a JDAM landing on an orphanage by mistake and 4 gunman boarding a bus and slaughtering everyone is somehow the same thing because civilians are getting killed and are therefore "acts of terrorism."

Giving them a generous "benefit of the doubt" and assuming they're not complete retards, I can only really think of one reason why they would think that: both actions have the same end result, i,e. civilians are killed. They would probably argue that the intentions of the offending parties are irrelevent, because the fact of the matter is that civilians are getting killed.

Roger that.

Sooooo.....If that were the case, then wouldn't our law system punish premedited murder, negligent/accidental homicide, manslaughter, etc, as equal offenses?

So I guess since people die in car accidents all the time, the drivers and car makers are terrorists. I guess the pilots of airlines that crash from pilot error and the 9/11 hijackers are kindred spirits.

Hey, just trying to follow their logic. Sheesh..

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need a person to chime in with a counter argument lest we fall into the abyss of "group think". (Liberals are immune to group think) I'll play the role. We anti-war members are always saying you neo-cons to "give peace a chance" so we just thought we'd spread the same message to the terrorists too. Peace has now been given a chance.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should check those grammar mistakes before I post. Sorry folks. Also, how do I hyperlink like Mr. Jinxy did?

3:15 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Let's hyperlink!!

[a href="http://sitename.com"]part u want highlighted[/a]

...only instead of [ and ], use < and >.

Take it from me -- Hyperlinking is a snap!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Jinxy said...

Buddy Jesus....

Huh huh.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hyperlink try
Cory's Ween

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home