Tuesday, May 30, 2006

...drought?

Once again, I'm experiencing a dry spell.

Indeed, the adventures continue, but there's only so many times I can write about the same thing happening.

There are only so many times one can rant about the things that happen back in the states...Only so many times I can be outraged by what people are willing to do and say in public forums... Only so many times absurdity can be trumped by absurdity.

Or so it seems...

I'm hopeful though. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Never underestimate the power of humans to do and say really...really...retarded...shit...

In other news, I have another house guest. That's right, Gigantor has arrived in Japan, and I'm not really sure if Tokyo, or as he calls it, "Toka-Loka" is quite ready for it. You may remember him from this post about a year ago.

Unfortunately Drewski and Tall Paul will be leaving Japan soon. I have a feeling that Drewski will be back, but Tall Paul is pretty anti-Japanese. If you are a person who is easily outraged or put out by little things, Japan is really not a good place for you to live. Sure, any normal Gaijin here experiences his or her regular frustrations with whatever bullshit they encounter here, but it's just not a good place for some, especially people like Tall Paul, who are, as I said, easily outraged and upset about little stuff. You simply have to let shit go here. Either way, my entire social circle is getting an Extreme Makeover, but that's how it goes in Japan, especially the gaijin scene. People are pretty much transients here; they're not really here for the long haul, and I suppose I'll inevitably head back to America's Green Pastures someday as well..

Oh yeah, another thing.

I saw Japan Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi's female clone on the train.

That's him on the left, and her on the right.



He's like Samson. He gets his power from his hair. That's why he kicks so much ass.

...Oh, and here are some instances of animal cruelty in Japan:



and



My official response is this:

5 Comments:

Blogger brando said...

When I paid 2 tickets and 1200 yen for a vodka/red bull, Tall Paul went bananas.

I was thinking, "That's a little expensive", but here you go. He went outrage for a bit and got me another drink.

Oh well, lesson learned for me. The lady was like "That's not one of the 99 ways we rob you."

4:59 PM  
Blogger Jinxy said...

I feel you dawg. I've resigned myself to just regurgitating things that make me laugh on the Drudge Report.

Ocassionally I'll think that there's something I want to post, but then I'll say to myself,

"Didn't I already talk about that last year?"

Verily I say unto thee: There's nothing new under the sun the lives of normal people really aren't that interesting.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Spooky Witch said...

Inevitable misery of normal life! However I think you really have adventurous life.I wonder how you can switch from living in US into working in Afghanistan and then in Japan. So maybe you have met freaks of all kind!

Junichiro Koizumi,I just know that he can dance very good..
(I never found japanese guys hot so for sure japan is not my place!)
Ps:do they really care to their pets this much?

8:33 PM  
Blogger brando said...

Oh the humanity!

BTW, happy out of the IRR day, Paully.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that dog really a minature lion? It's frightening.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home