Monday, June 27, 2005

AdventureSam

Well, Sam aka Jungle Sam aka Afghanisam aka Adventuresam has come and left, and there is a hole in my heart that can only be filled by certain carnies, whackjobs, and 30+ cretins that act like 12 year olds. It's always good to be with the "crew". The "crew" is the 'generation' of guys that I was stationed in Hawaii with -- we're kind've a special brotherhood that where when we're together, everything is OK and natural. Sure, we bicker and get pissed off at each other, but we all share the same brain and always have a good time when we're together.

Taking Sam around Tokyo was really awesome. I like to show people around Tokyo because I know it fairly well, and know a lot of the good spots to take people to. It might sound kind've silly, but it's really one of the only major cities that I know well enough to do that in. I guess I know Kabul pretty well, but I would caution people against going there as there are few things to really see (aside from filth, poverty, and cholera), and I'm not there right now so it's kind've pointless. Kabul doesn't have much of a tourist industry I guess.

Here's a picture of Sam and me at Tokyo Tower.


If you're wondering whether or not that's a beer in Sam's hand, you probably don't know Sam. The answer is yes - he bought it at the convenience store at the foot of the tower and cruised around with it in the observation deck. Japan rocks cuz it doesn't have any open container laws, but the only people you really see walking around with booze are foreigners and homeless people. I think the foreigners do it more 'cuz they can. Americans like to do things because they can.

Sam's an easy guy to cruise around with because he's down to do anything, low maintenence, and likes to get shitfaced and talk to people. I don't really have to worry about him [much] when we go out, assuming I've taken proper measures to give him phone numbers and very explicit instructions on what to do if he pulls a ninja or chases after a butterfly and gets lost. Since we're not working with each other, I didn't get mad at him like I did every other day in Afghanistan, so it was very very non-stressful. God bless thee, AdventureSam.

Anyway, nothing too new to report... Work is going very well, and I've repressed the Japanese people I work with to the point that they do what I say and their new team leader likes me and has my back. Yippee! I don't have any tirades to go on at the moment, so stay tuned!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Jealous of you "AdventureSam".
That could've been me in that tower!
It's my own fault for being such a dumbass though....Maybe next time.

AdvenureGreg....dur

1:47 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Gregventurespaz?

Adventurayno?

Gregventurayno?

Gregventuranal? <- yeah that works. That would rock if your name was Dave or something, cuz then you could be Drayno.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home